Re: q2-* - did a few

On 07.08.21 22:13, Nilesh Patra wrote:
[...]
Do you need some help?

There is a partial dependency of
https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/gneiss (dep of q2-gneiss) on
https://github.com/bokeh/bokeh . The latter seems to produce nice
graphics, no idea how much work that would be to package. Should go to
science rather than med, I suggest. If you could pioneer the packaging
of bokeh then this would be nice. I do not think that the upload of
gneiss should be blocked by that missing dependency, but anyway, this
looks good to have and the circular diagrams that gneiss depends on
bokeh for (if I understood this right) are indeed a thing in microbiome
analyses since no absolute abundances of microbiomes can be measured -
only relative, as nicely representable in a circle.

Otherwise, you typically bring packages to another level and I
appreciate whatever you find time to address - once the release is out,
I suggest.

I do not know yet about what qiime2 tutorial (from
https://docs.qiime2.org/2021.4/tutorials/ I presume) I want to run on
Debian. Suggestions are welcome. The simplest as a start :) I kind of
picture a Wiki page that references an established tutorial and then it
should be possible to come up with a "qiime2-debian-test" package that
runs that code. A side-effect I hope to be that I improve the package
descriptions of the q2-* packages.

Q2-taxa needs a bit of
cleanup with the JavaScript it is shipping. But otherwise, I tend to
think we are done.
I believe I made q2-taxa ready for its entry to the archive. What $cleanup does it need exactly?

Aargh. I just still had the "D3-scale-chromatic, thenBy, natural-sort
JavaScript dependencies" note in the spreadsheet and apparently
missed/forgot about your patches on the mailing list. To hear that this
is out of the way is really nice!

Steffen