Re: [help] porting brian on MIPS and POWER, or dropping support

Hi Nilesh,

Nilesh Patra, on 2021-01-30 20:44:38 +0530:
> On Sat, 30 Jan, 2021, 8:14 pm Étienne Mollier, <etienne.mollier@mailoo.org>
> wrote:
> > Étienne Mollier, on 2021-01-30 14:33:41 +0100:
> > >   * I curiously couldn't locate mipsel builds in my backups, but
> > >     from what I recall I got results very similar to mips64el.
> >
> > The build goes through on mipsel (but not mips64el)!  I did not
> > recall correctly it seems; it might be a clue about what could
> > be wrong.
> >

> That sounds unusual. It's usually the other way round - can it be a false
> positive?
> Should I try this on a mips64 porter box?

Thank you for your offer of testing it on real hardware.  :)

I agree this is very unusual, but that is what I am witnessing
with qemu-user-static at the time indeed.  If you are curious
and have the energy to investigate this, I suppose it would be
at least worth an attempt on real hardware, sure!

Have a nice day,  :)
--
Étienne Mollier <etienne.mollier@mailoo.org>
Fingerprint:  8f91 b227 c7d6 f2b1 948c  8236 793c f67e 8f0d 11da