Re: Debian Med Sprint from February 18. to 21.

Hi Pierre,

On Sun, Jan 17, 2021 at 02:23:08PM +0100, Pierre Gruet wrote:
> > to push the huge effort of our permanent COVID-19 effort forward to make
> > it visible inside the next Debian release.
>
> I feel enthusiastic about this, even in a fully online version.

The advantage is that the travel costs and travel time are zero and thus
other people than usual can easily participate.

> But I never took part to such event, so could you please give some examples
> about possible outputs?

There is no dedicated output of our sprints.  The major "output" is the
in person meeting, having common meals and meeting each other in a way
more informal way than usual.  I wonder whether we should somehow join
for dishes and just do the usual smalltalk.  I can confirm that I have
good experience to meet with friends for dinner and I'd suggest we'll do
so in our sprint as well.

> I'm asking this because the soft freeze will have begun at that time, so I
> guess most of the work would be targeted toward small, targeted fixes in
> Bullseye and more important evolutions for the next release?

To my experience in the times of Freeze there are some remaining RC bugs
and we might need to work even on some preconditions in other teams to
prevent that our packages will remain in testing.  On the other hand the
time to start on new software for Debian 12 will start.  We are free to
upload anything that is not yet in testing and the list of software we
defined on our COVID-19 list is not fully accomplished.  So there is
always work to do.  In most cases there is no dedicated sprint work to
do but rather more focussed work on what we do usually is done.  We need
to find out how to meet in small groups over a laptop screen - but this
can probably sloved by creating new Jitsi-rooms.

> I would have liked to ask this in the video meeting of today but
> unfortunately I won't be able to join, 18:00 UTC is a tough time when it
> comes to feeding children :-D

Yep, feeding children has preference for sure.  BTW, if 18:00 UTC is a
bad choice for you in general we might re-discuss this choice of time.
We considered it somehow "established" and doing a poll for every single
meeting just makes work.  If you propose a "better" time I can make this
suggestion inside the meeting.

> All the best,

Same to you