Re: Debian Med Sprint from February 18. to 21.

Hi Andreas and everyone,

Le 16/01/2021 à 12:45, Andreas Tille a écrit :
Hi folks,

since 2011 we are doing Debian Med developer sprints and it had turned
out that these events are very successfully.  Due to the well known
situation in person meetings are not possible currently - but this
should not stop us from meeting.

So I will propose a meeting starting at

    Thursday 2021-02-18 7:00 UTC [1]

ending at

    Sunday 2021-02-21 21:00 UTC [2]

I'd be happy if many members of the team would be able to take vaccation
from day job and free their time to

   * Lurk online face to face on our Jitsi channel[3]
   * Lurk on IRC #debian-med
   * May be other direct communication channels
   * Be available for some ad hoc meetings

to push the huge effort of our permanent COVID-19 effort forward to make
it visible inside the next Debian release.

I feel enthusiastic about this, even in a fully online version.
But I never took part to such event, so could you please give some examples about possible outputs? I'm asking this because the soft freeze will have begun at that time, so I guess most of the work would be targeted toward small, targeted fixes in Bullseye and more important evolutions for the next release?

I would have liked to ask this in the video meeting of today but unfortunately I won't be able to join, 18:00 UTC is a tough time when it comes to feeding children :-D

I'm happy to meet you all online in about one month

      Andreas.

All the best,
Pierre