Re: bedtools 2.29.2+dfsg-6

Étienne Mollier kirjoitti 17.1.2021 klo 14.20:
> Hi,
>
> I noticed current bedtools 2.29.2+dfsg-5 fails to migrate to
> testing, so I pushed a fix[1].  Since this is transition freeze,
> I'm not 100% sure if it should be pushed, current Testing
> version is 2.29.2+dfsg-3, and there are a few reverse
> dependencies.

I would encourage you to push it to unstable. The Release Team
actually defines a transition like this:
"When changes in a package cause the need for changes in other
packages, we call this a 'transition'."[1]
So if you know that no changes in reverse depends should be
needed, you are clear.

[1] https://release.debian.org/bullseye/freeze_policy.html

JFTR I'll paste a list of the reverse depends below.

--
Juhani

$ reverse-depends -b src:bedtools
Reverse-Build-Depends-Indep
===========================
* bioperl-run                   (for bedtools-test)
* bioperl-run                   (for bedtools)

Reverse-Build-Depends
=====================
* barrnap                       (for bedtools)
* bcbio                         (for bedtools)
* plasmidid                     (for bedtools)
* pyranges                      (for bedtools)
* python-gffutils               (for bedtools)
* python-pybedtools             (for bedtools)
* python-seqcluster             (for bedtools)
* roary                         (for bedtools)

$ reverse-depends -s src:bedtools
Reverse-Recommends
==================
* bioperl-run                   (for bedtools)
* med-bio                       (for bedtools)
* med-cloud                     (for bedtools)
* python3-seqcluster            (for bedtools)
* ugene [amd64]                 (for bedtools)

Reverse-Suggests
* fasta3 [amd64 arm64 armel armhf i386 mips64el mipsel ppc64el s390x]  (for bedtools)

Reverse-Depends
* barrnap                       (for bedtools)
* paleomix [amd64 arm64 mips64el ppc64el]  (for bedtools)
* plasmidid [amd64]             (for bedtools)
* roary                         (for bedtools)

Packages without architectures listed are reverse-dependencies in: all, amd64, arm64, armel, armhf, i386, mips64el, mipsel, ppc64el, s390x