Re: Re: Acquiring Dental RVG on Linux

Following are observations about the metadata which aren't surprising
given that the device has nothing to do with DICOM. It is giving a raw
bitmap and not even a byte more. (Just before writing this I went through
the raw usbmon trace once again.)

> It alludes to LUT
That is IDENTITY. It would almost certainly mean no transformation.

> and Rescale
Intercept 0 and scale 1 again means there is no transformation.

> and Pixel Intensity Relationship
Its linear. The sign is -ve, indicating inversion, which we are doing.

It's doing some smart (or sounding so just because of being closed) image
processing.