Re: Re: Acquiring Dental RVG on Linux

Am Fri, Jan 15, 2021 at 04:28:47PM +0530 schrieb Sonali Warunjikar:

> > Because, perhaps, it learns of low-exposure from the sensor,
>
> The app does remark about under / over exposure, but I think it's
> inferring it from the image data. This is because we have instrumented all
> interactions with the device using usbmon and find nothing other than the
> image data. (We can be sure of it because of the total bytes exchanged
> matches the resolution exactly.)

True enough, since we can account for all bytes. The last
thing that remains with that would be some hellish magic as
in "if bit pattern of byte 3 is such and such consider the
bit x of byte y to be a marker for condition z".

In other words, steganography :-)

Such things can't be found out w/o a source code leak or
decompiling.

> Will try and share some images.

Good.

Karsten
--
GPG  40BE 5B0E C98E 1713 AFA6  5BC0 3BEA AC80 7D4F C89B