Re: Re: Acquiring Dental RVG on Linux

On Sun, Jan 10, 2021 at 10:56:18PM +0100, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
> Perhaps the vendor app "knows" something about this type of
> sensor (such as a gamma curve) - or, perhaps, it even learns
> something off this sensor during initialization, wear-n-tear
> etc ?

No progress in discovering that. Tried manual sliders for
gamma/exposure/brightness/contrast in gimp, auto-level and auto-gamma
adjusters in ImageMagick.

For mid to high exposures the quality is matching that of the vendor
application. For low expsoure the vendor app does much better. Something
coarse seems to be missing. Something like when I was assuming 16 bit
image it was coming darker and after Aaron pointed out it was 12 bit, the
inversion was corrected and it started coming better. Something as coarse
as that seems missing. But a counter argument to that is why only for low
exposure images.