Re: Re: Acquiring Dental RVG on Linux

On Tue, Jan 05, 2021 at 11:17:47PM +0530, Sonali Warunjikar wrote:
> Thanks. gimp's ellipse drawing tool with aspect ratio locked to 1:1 pretty
> much does the same. The visual judgment of the circle matching (or its
> bounding box being a tangent, but that gives fewer check points) has a 3
> to 4 pixels of variance when the experiment is repeated. It's seemingly in
> acceptable limits given 1 pixel is 19 micrometer. Will try to average it
> out.

Oh, this should have occurred to me before. Checked the headers of files
produced by Windows s/w. They give a rock solid resolution figure across
several x rays.

Further, did the coin x ray on Windows to confirm that their distances
reported by proprietary software are indeed correct.

I think distance calibration is over. Now over to other image parameters.