Re: Acquiring Dental RVG on Linux

On Sun, Dec 27, 2020 at 03:53:36PM +0100, Sebastian Hilbert wrote:
> > Will update the thread when some progress is made. Looks like as far as
> > the basic knowhow is concerned, I may not have too many more questions.
>
> Sounds good. Persistence will pay off.

Something remarkable happened. After playing back the initialization
sequence the usb device talked with till that point _disappears_ (not seen
in lsusb any more) and a new device with a different vendor:product (ID
082b:100a Trophy RVG 5200/6200) makes an appearance. Looks like rest of it
is to spoken with the new device.

I do not know how common the practice is and what's the reason - probably
obfuscation, probably something to do with design of the device.