Re: Acquiring Dental RVG on Linux

On Sun, Dec 27, 2020 at 11:32:10AM +0100, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
> Very nice !

I figured out more things, mainly the answers to confusions I had in the
last mail. The answers to my questions are:

Host always initiates the interaction. It is called 'i' if host is seeking
information and not sending any data. It is called 'o' if host is sending
data to the device. The 'o' requests are associated with data.

I am now able to play back the entire control sequence from os
initializing the device generically to the app initializing it. I'll
systematically write this code as a playback a recorded usbmon trace
(untruncated one, thanks to the citation in previous post).

Then 2 things remain:

- non control interactions (mainly I and B type for this device)

- figuring out variable part of the whole interaction and parameterizing
  it

Will update the thread when some progress is made. Looks like as far as
the basic knowhow is concerned, I may not have too many more questions.