Re: Salsa CI for all med-team packages?

Hi Nilesh,

On 2020-12-22 08:34, Nilesh Patra wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Dec, 2020, 11:22 am Andrius Merkys, <merkys@debian.org
> <mailto:merkys@debian.org>> wrote:
>     Maybe routine-update could add d/salsa-ci.yml only to those source
>     packages that are able to use the salsa CI?
>
> Almost all packages are capable of using one I think?
> Atleast source package builds at the very least?
>
> Just for clarification: See hyphy and flexbar packages for example which
> use salsa-ci.yml to trigger build + autopkgtest + reprotest and a bunch
> of other stuff.
>
> Please let me know if I completely misunderstood you here.

No, it is me who has completely misunderstood the issue :) Surely, build
+ autopkgtest + reprotest CI applies for all source packages, and these
are really nice to have.

>     AFAIK, it could look for
>     .gitlab-ci.yml in the project root.
>
> Yes, and to trigger build via salsa-ci.yml, someone needs to _manually_
> change the configuration file from .gitlab-ci.yml to d/salsa-ci.yml via
> the web interface. (With: Settings > CI/CD)

I have noticed that some of my source packages trigger salsa CI with
upstream-provided configuration files in .gitlab-ci.yml at the project
root. I saw that these packages were limited to DebiChem team, so this
might be DebiChem's policy, and I am not sure about the other teams.

> That is the bottleneck here, and hence the question if there's a way to
> change the default config file to d/salsa-ci.yml across team packages?

Such default would make more sense than .gitlab-ci.yml at the project
root. However, I do not know how to set that on salsa.

Best,
Andrius