Re: Salsa CI for all med-team packages?

Hi Andrius,

On Tue, 22 Dec, 2020, 11:22 am Andrius Merkys, <merkys@debian.org> wrote:
Hello,

> If not, could we please make it a practice to _manually_ enable CI for
> any packages that we work on in future?

Maybe routine-update could add d/salsa-ci.yml only to those source
packages that are able to use the salsa CI?

Almost all packages are capable of using one I think?
Atleast source package builds at the very least?

Just for clarification: See hyphy and flexbar packages for example which use salsa-ci.yml to trigger build + autopkgtest + reprotest and a bunch of other stuff.

Please let me know if I completely misunderstood you here.

AFAIK, it could look for
.gitlab-ci.yml in the project root.

Yes, and to trigger build via salsa-ci.yml, someone needs to _manually_ change the configuration file from .gitlab-ci.yml to d/salsa-ci.yml via the web interface. (With: Settings > CI/CD)

That is the bottleneck here, and hence the question if there's a way to change the default config file to d/salsa-ci.yml across team packages?

Kind regards
Nilesh