Re: Should we standardize a way to create and maintain manpages?

Hi,

On Mon, Dec 21, 2020 at 03:48:47PM +0530, Nilesh Patra wrote:

> > For example, lintian warning/error reporting that
> > timestamps of d/*.1 are older than the newest upstream release? I think
> > such approach would be general enough.
> >

> Sounds good, should we report a wishlist bug for lintian?

I really like this idea.  The problem why I stopped using plain help2man
is that in most cases the result is not a proper manpage.  So I frequently
used a createmanpages while beeing perfectly aware that upstream changes
could make these (partially) wrong.  I'd love to have a better solution -
but the lintian check would be extremely helpful.