Re: Should we standardize a way to create and maintain manpages?

Hi Andrius,

On Mon, 21 Dec, 2020, 12:22 pm Andrius Merkys, <merkys@debian.org> wrote:
Hi Nilesh,

1. Unusable for arch:any programs, as they may be cross-built.

I do not understand this - would you mind explaining as to why would it affect cross building?
Is it because of help2man marked "M-A: foreign"?
(Not sure why that's a problem though)

2. Requires Build-Depends containing binary Depends, but this is usually
cheap.

Agreed.

For example, lintian warning/error reporting that
timestamps of d/*.1 are older than the newest upstream release? I think
such approach would be general enough.

Sounds good, should we report a wishlist bug for lintian?