Re: Acquiring Dental RVG on Linux

Am Sonntag, 20. Dezember 2020, 04:37:21 CET schrieb Sonali Warunjikar:

> On Sat, Dec 12, 2020 at 11:49:16PM +0100, Sebastian Hilbert wrote:

> > LK-C64 from YesBiotech from South Korea.

> > Sold on alibaba.com

> 1. I finally found an English page and have sent a query.

> 2. I sent a query to the manufacturer (2nd time around) and like before no

> response. There is no hope from the retailers, I mentioned.

> 3. On sane-devel mailing list the thread hasn't gone further. The protocol

> could not be easily recognized is what the thread status is.

> 4. My attempts to mimic the wireshark interactions lead to input/output

> error or timeout error. Could not draw any other response from the device.

Unfortunately this is where it often ends unless someone comes around with advanced knowledge on USB commonication.

Those people often sit in labs of technical universities or in the back of radio repair shops. Unfortunately, getting a hold of them is the tricky part.

If you want to spend more enery you could try to contact hardware tinkerers from local Makerspaces if such a thing exists.

I guess the next step would be to obtain a hardware USB debugger like the ones I have referenced. They are around $100 US and come bundled with software that makes capturing reliable.

https://www.bugblat.com/products/ezsniff/index.html

There are some videos on USB reverse engineering from the Chaos Computer Club in Germany

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMf55KVDPaE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LL7sFLJZOjM

More often then not, it will be - you - who becomes the expert and masters the art.

Read https://hackernoon.com/usb-reverse-engineering-down-the-rabbit-hole-c4809a5b55c4 and you might just find a pointer to tools or people that might be able to help.