Please keep on asking cluster3 upstream to free the code (Was: cluster3 dropped out of testing)

On Wed, Dec 09, 2020 at 09:55:19PM -0800, Diane Trout wrote:

> I do think it would've saved everyone's time if excuses included a
> suggestion to go read 5.10.5
> https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/pkgs.en.html#marking-non-free-packages-as-auto-buildable
> for non-free packages in that state.

Once several people have spent some time we could try the better
approach and go on asking, asking, asking upstream to free the code.
The package is listed on

    https://wiki.debian.org/DebianMed/SoftwareLiberation

so may be all interested people (for instance also your colleague who
was missing the package) could join or effort.  I admit I would
expect users of our work to do their tiny share and do the non-technical
work to massively show upstream that it would be better to have DFSG
free code.  The effects of not doing anything like this became obvious
in this mail thread.