Re: cluster3 dropped out of testing

Hi Diane,

On Tue, Dec 08, 2020 at 10:14:24AM -0800, Diane Trout wrote:
> My coworker noticed cluster3 dropped out of testing and I'm confused
> why.
>
> https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/cluster3
> says that "cluster3 has no binaries on any arch", and there are no logs
> at buildd https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=cluster3 for
> it
>
> However if I grab either the source package for 1.59+ds-2 or the
> current main branch from salsa and try building, I get a package with
> binaries.
>
> The only mildly annoying thing is when I build in unstable, it ends up
> with a dependency on python3 (<< 3.10), python3 (>= 3.9~) which doesn't
> install on testing.
>
> But the package seems to be fine, so any thoughts why it was held back?

Sometimes you can find this information in the PTS [1] in the News
section [2].  In this case cluster3 failed to migrate from unstable to
testing before a fixed deadline [3].  (Although I don't know exactly why
*that* happened.)

I am preparing a new upload to unstable now and expect it to transition
successfully.

Cheers,
tony

[1] https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/cluster3