Re: Bugs "fails to migrate to testing for too long" (Was: cluster3 dropped out of testing)

On Wed, 2020-12-09 at 18:27 +0100, Mattia Rizzolo wrote:
> Because you seem to not be aware of how non-free works.  Non-free is
> not
> autobuilt, so when Andreas uploaded 1.59+ds-2 without any binaries
> then
> "cluster3 has no binaries on any arch".  Since there are no binaries
> associated with the source, britney refuses to migrate it.  Indeed,
> one
> could just do a binary-only build of it, upload it, and it would
> migrate
> stright the next day.
>
> Or one could ask for an exception to the non-free buildds as
> docuemnted
> on
> https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/pkgs.en.html#marking-non-free-packages-as-auto-buildable
>
> As you can see, nothing relating to that bug.

Could we add a note to tracker or excuses for non-free packages on what
the developer needs to do to get it to migrate?

My understanding of your explanation is that we need to do a binary
upload for non-free because it's not auto-built.

It's a difference from how main is handled and and it seems like
putting documentation for the difference would help prevent confusion
in the future.

Diane