Re: Request for a sponsored upload of fast5-research

Hello Nilesh,

> I dug in a bit - it looks like that there's an issue with typecasting in
> the code. Upstream can shed more light on this,
> it makes sense to open an issue IMO.

> Also, I've pushed in the above mentioned 'fix' (?) and a couple of other
> minor changes, please $git pull :)

Many thanks for this! Always much appreciated :).
I must admit that there are no Github issues enabled, however within the
setup.py file, there is an author email. I'll notify upstream of the
findings and if they exhibit some different behaviour.

> You can do that, but to save your effort you might consider using
> ronn[1] or marked-man.
>
> [1]: https://packages.debian.org/unstable/ronn
> [2]: https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/node-marked-man

I enjoy getting to know new and efficient tools. Ronn is certainly
something I can incorporate with packaging how :). However, for this
package, I've luckily prepared the two manpages (via help2man and some
heavy editing) sometime before I decided to stick to sphinx generated
manpages.

Many thanks as always,
Shayan Doust