Re: Request for a sponsored upload of fast5-research

Hello Andreas,

Thanks for the nitpicking!

I've had a moment of inactivity with this package, so I forgot why the
patch was there. I now remember the patch I put there simply disables an
erroneous assertion:

AssertionError: Tuples differ: (3030000, 2) != (3030000, 2,
void(b'\x00\x00\x00\x00'))

I did this, and dh_missing, to speed up the packaging and should have
really removed those before I emailed.  Although, I am not sure how I
can contact upstream and should have just written an email here about
it. I still think this is a very trivial assertion issue, and the tuples
compared are very similar with the exception of the extra void(...)
element. Out of 63 tests, maybe it's still worth keeping the patch
(given I add the description) until a future fix, or someone in the team
can rectify this. What do you suggest?

As for the manpage, the only other method really is writing manpages for
the two scripts. Apart from the spelling mistakes which can be fixed,
the manpage has quite a featureful and meaningful content of both the
scripts and the library usage - although I agree this is a replication
of the HTML documentation. Do you suggest I simply just write the
manpages for the two scripts?

Ahh, thanks! I wrote that in ~/.sbuildrc as flags for the lintian
options and I see the extra information.

Kind regards,
Shayan Doust