Re: Request for a sponsored upload of fast5-research

Hi Shayan,

On Mon, Aug 03, 2020 at 03:30:43PM +0100, Shayan Doust wrote:
> I believe fast5-research[1] is ready for a sponsored upload. Do let me
> know if anything needs altering.

Thanks a lot for your continuous work on COVID-19 relevant packages.  I
have some minor up to nitpicking changes commited but I stumbled upon
the missing DEP3 header in disable_unit_test.patch made me wonder why
those two tests are excluded.  It might be helpful if you be more
verbose in the Description field to give some helping hand whether we
might be able to drop this patch under some circumstances or whether we
never can make this test pass.

BTW, I'm not fully sure whether we should ship the Fast5_research.1
manpage.  Lintian says:

I: fast5-research: spare-manual-page usr/share/man/man1/Fast5_research.1.gz
N:
N:    Each manual page in /usr/share/man should have a reason to be there.
N:    This manual page does not appear to have a valid reason to be shipped.
N:
N:    For manual pages in sections 1 and 8, an executable (or a link to one)
N:    should exist. This check currently considers all installation packages
N:    created by the same sources, as long as they are present.
N:
N:    Refer to Debian Policy Manual section 12.1 (Manual pages) and
N:    https://bugs.debian.org/583125 for details.
N:
N:    Severity: info
N:
N:    Check: documentation/manual

and besides this it creates a lot of noise due to spelling errors.  I
doubt users will find that page and most probably the html version of
the sphinx docs is sufficient.

For your information I've found these issues due to the following
lintian settings:

$ cat ~/.lintianrc
display-experimental=no
display-info=yes