Re: Any volunteer to remove csh dependency of mummer [mummer is marked for autoremoval from testing]

Hi Andreas,

Andreas Tille, on 2020-07-23 22:47:44 +0200:
> Just to be clear about this:  I'm fine with any shell as personal user
> environment and every shell has it pros and cons.  However, writing
> scripts for a wider audience should simply be written in POSIX shell
> (also without any bash specific things).

I believe we are in agreement since the beginning.  I'm well too
aware of unmanageable situations that have been (and are) caused
among other things by the wide use of non-POSIX shell scripts in
a huge software distribution.  That's why I volunteered on that
particular issue.  I hope we are clear on both side: rereading
myself, I fear I haven't been neither.

As well, I'm happy with whatever floats a user's boat, even if
it happens to be cmd.exe.  :)

Kind Regards,
--
Étienne Mollier <etienne.mollier@mailoo.org>
Old rsa/3072: 5ab1 4edf 63bb ccff 8b54  2fa9 59da 56fe fff3 882d