Re: Any volunteer to remove csh dependency of mummer [mummer is marked for autoremoval from testing]

Hi Andreas,

Andreas Tille, on 2020-07-23 14:43:18 +0200:
> On Thu, Jul 23, 2020 at 12:48:24PM +0200, etienne.mollier@mailoo.org wrote:
> > Even though the case for Csh has just been sorted,
>
> I confirm that I did not intended to blame csh maintainers beeing lazy.
> The issues are usually set quickly.  Its just that the inbox of
> subscribers of the Debian Med developers list is flooded by 20+x mails
> from time to time with an issue we neither can nor need to respond to.
> This creates unnecessary noise which might cause loosing relevant
> information.  I've actually now removed all my "removal from testing
> warnings" of today and check BTS what really needs my attention.

I actually have a bit of a decade old history with Csh, hence my
having stronger feelings about it than usual perhaps.  But no
worries, I didn't intend to put any blame of any sort on anyone
neither.

> > I happily
> > volunteer to have a look at mummer, or any other package
> > depending on Csh, to not depend on it anymore.  I can begin to
> > have a look at it this evening.
>
> Mummer is specifically hard since it has several reverse depends which
> are all affected by that false alarm.  We have probably other packages
> but its bearable to get say 2-3 false warnings rather than a whole page
> in my mutt view.
>
> Thanks a lot for considering to work on this

Let's see what I agreed to...  :)

Kind Regards,
--
Étienne Mollier <etienne.mollier@mailoo.org>
Old rsa/3072: 5ab1 4edf 63bb ccff 8b54  2fa9 59da 56fe fff3 882d