Re: Any volunteer to remove csh dependency of mummer [mummer is marked for autoremoval from testing]

Hi Étienne,

On Thu, Jul 23, 2020 at 12:48:24PM +0200, etienne.mollier@mailoo.org wrote:

> Even though the case for Csh has just been sorted,

I confirm that I did not intended to blame csh maintainers beeing lazy.
The issues are usually set quickly.  Its just that the inbox of
subscribers of the Debian Med developers list is flooded by 20+x mails
from time to time with an issue we neither can nor need to respond to.
This creates unnecessary noise which might cause loosing relevant
information.  I've actually now removed all my "removal from testing
warnings" of today and check BTS what really needs my attention.

> I happily
> volunteer to have a look at mummer, or any other package
> depending on Csh, to not depend on it anymore.  I can begin to
> have a look at it this evening.

Mummer is specifically hard since it has several reverse depends which
are all affected by that false alarm.  We have probably other packages
but its bearable to get say 2-3 false warnings rather than a whole page
in my mutt view.

Thanks a lot for considering to work on this