Re: Any volunteer to remove csh dependency of mummer [mummer is marked for autoremoval from testing]

Good News Andreas,

etienne.mollier@mailoo.org, on 2020-07-23 19:14:53 +0200:
> Andreas Tille, on 2020-07-23 14:43:18 +0200:
> > On Thu, Jul 23, 2020 at 12:48:24PM +0200, etienne.mollier@mailoo.org wrote:
> > > I happily
> > > volunteer to have a look at mummer, or any other package
> > > depending on Csh, to not depend on it anymore.  I can begin to
> > > have a look at it this evening.
> >
> > Mummer is specifically hard since it has several reverse depends which
> > are all affected by that false alarm.  We have probably other packages
> > but its bearable to get say 2-3 false warnings rather than a whole page
> > in my mutt view.
> >
> > Thanks a lot for considering to work on this
>
> Let's see what I agreed to...  :)

I had a look at the mummer package, and actually everything
seems to be already in place to remove the dependency on csh.
The Med Team did all the hard work in the past already.

There is indeed one ugly "ERROR" showing up when running the
build time test.  Actually, the "check" target of the Makefile
is misleading, because it is intended by the author to be a
target to check for availability of build dependencies before
building, instead of serving the purpose of running test at
build time as usual.

Just in case, I patched the Makefile to remove the check on Csh
since it is not needed in the Debian release of MUMmer, and also
hunted down the few invocations of csh in the Makefiles which
were triggering some "csh not found" errors during the build.
All this is available in a branch "csh-mig" in the mummer
repository on Salsa, which can be merged if think it would be
most welcome for the package maintenance.

Maybe this issue just needed one more pair of eyeballs, but of
course there is always the possibility I completely missed the
point.

Have a nice day  :)
--
Étienne Mollier <etienne.mollier@mailoo.org>
Old rsa/3072: 5ab1 4edf 63bb ccff 8b54  2fa9 59da 56fe fff3 882d