Re: [RFS] tortoize

On Fri, Nov 27, 2020 at 08:50:59AM +0100, Maarten L. Hekkelman wrote:
> However, I ended up with a package that builds fine when using sbuild, but
> fails when using gbp buildpackage. The package created with gbp has a
> lintian error telling me:
> <snip>
> Why is that? What's the difference here between gbp and sbuild?

The difference is that gbp-buildpackage is configured to run a
post-build hook.  You will find a line:

    postbuild = lintian $GBP_CHANGES_FILE

probably in ~/.gbp.conf, although it might be elsewhere.  "man gbp.conf"
will tell you about possible locations for the configuration file.

And since there was an lintian error (see the default value for
"--fail-on" is "error" in the lintian manpage), lintian exits with exit
status 2

The generic equivalent for sbuild is "--post-build-commands", but you
can also set "$run_lintian = 1;" in your ~/.sbuildrc file to get similar
behavior for sbuild.

Cheers,
tony