Re: [RFS] tortoize

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for taking the time to look at tortoize.

Op 26-11-2020 om 11:16 schreef Andreas Tille:
I changed the autopkgtest a bit.  Please stick to the common name for
the test script run-unit-test as its in the package template.  The
rationale is that we can do all package wide changes over the Debian
Med packages.
I copied this from another package, didn't know about this policy yet. Noted.

Moreover you were refering to the data file in debian/tests.  While
this is perfectly possible for the autopkgtest in debci it does not
help the user who tries to run it on the local machine (as it is
explained in the README.test file).  So the date file needs to be
provided as example *inside* the package - which I did.
Is that the examples file?
BTW, it seems to be the same example file in libcifpp.  I'd consider it
a good idea to have this file only once and set dependencies
appropriately.
This file is very common, I use it in all my PDB related packages.

I agree that sticking to a single instance is way more convenient. But then the question is, where do I put this. The libcifpp package contains a -dev and -doc next to the library. Perhaps the file should be packaged along with the library. Since that library is a dependency for all my tools, the example file would be there too.

Besides, the autopkgtest of libcifpp uses it as well.

OK, I'll wait until libcifpp passes the gates in New and will then provide an update. For all packages.

  Apropos dependencies:  Either tortoize itself has a
missing dependency or we need some Test-Depends.  When I'm running the
test script in my pbuilder chroot I get:

+ pkg=tortoize
+ '[' /tmp/autopkgtest.C15beQ/autopkgtest_tmp = '' ']'
+ cp -a /usr/share/doc/tortoize/examples/1cbs.cif /tmp/autopkgtest.C15beQ/autopkgtest_tmp
+ cd /tmp/autopkgtest.C15beQ/autopkgtest_tmp
+ mkdssp 1cbs.cif 1cbs-dssp.cif
/tmp/autopkgtest.C15beQ/tree/debian/tests/run-unit-test: line 17: mkdssp: command not found

Could you please `gbp pull` and check this situation?

Ooops... I really need to write that text-editor without copy/paste... I've been burned way too often by that feature. The test should or course run tortoize, not mkdssp. I updated the dssp package as well.

regards, -maarten