Re: [RFS] hyphy 2.5.19+dfsg-1

Hi Tony, Hi Andreas,

Andreas Tille, on 2020-10-10 21:19:01 +0200:
> On Sat, Oct 10, 2020 at 11:17:45AM -0700, tony mancill wrote:
> > > 	https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/hyphy/
> >
> > Hello Étienne,
> >
> > I have uploaded the package.  Thank you for the update.

You're welcome Tony, thanks for your review, feedback and
upload!

> > Since I haven't done much (any?) sponsoring for Debian-Med in the past,
> > I will take this opportunity on the list to document my procedure.
> > Please provide constructive feedback as needed.
>
> I basically do the same as for my packages.
>
> > - build the current version and the new version of the package
>
> Sure.
>
> > - debdiff the source package and the binary package
>
> I do debdiff only if I somehow suspect that something might
> have changed.
>
> > - use ratt `ratt` to verify that reverse dependencies build
>
> Sounds good.  However I need to admit that I did not adopted
> ratt for my workflow yet (even if I admit I should).
>
> > - visually inspect the packaging changes
>
> Yep.  I'm doing so by reading `git log` and `git diff`
>
> > - run lintian --pedantic to look for issues
>
> I never use --pedantic however --info is my default.

While I'm not in position to sponsor uploads, I find interesting
to see a sponsor procedure, and learn about even more QA tools.
I'm surprised about not seeing autopkgtest runs in the list; has
it simply been forgotten?

> > For this package, lintian found a few typos that maybe we can address in
> > a subsequent upload, but I consider those pedantic indeed.
>
> Regarding spelling issues it depends from the spare time slot that is
> available.  If I have time I care and I agree it would be great to fix
> this.  However, usually there are more urgent problems to solve most of
> the time.

My bad, I really should run a complete lintian check, especially
right before hitting the "Send mail" button after wrapping up my
RFSs, notably in case of last minute small change.  Severaly
typos were fixed since hyphy 2.5.18, but it seems the manpage
wrap up revealed at least one typo that has remained hidden in
the binaries issued until then.

Have a good Sunday,  :)
--
Étienne Mollier <etienne.mollier@mailoo.org>
Old rsa/3072: 5ab1 4edf 63bb ccff 8b54  2fa9 59da 56fe fff3 882d