Re: [RFS] hyphy 2.5.19+dfsg-1

Hi Tony,

On Sat, Oct 10, 2020 at 11:17:45AM -0700, tony mancill wrote:

> > 	https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/hyphy/
>
> Hello Étienne,
>
> I have uploaded the package.  Thank you for the update.

Thanks a lot for this.  Its always welcome if someone steps in.

> Since I haven't done much (any?) sponsoring for Debian-Med in the past,
> I will take this opportunity on the list to document my procedure.
> Please provide constructive feedback as needed.

I basically do the same as for my packages.

> - build the current version and the new version of the package

Sure.

> - debdiff the source package and the binary package

I do debdiff only if I somehow suspect that something might
have changed.

> - use ratt `ratt` to verify that reverse dependencies build

Sounds good.  However I need to admit that I did not adopted
ratt for my workflow yet (even if I admit I should).

> - visually inspect the packaging changes

Yep.  I'm doing so by reading `git log` and `git diff`

> - run lintian --pedantic to look for issues

I never use --pedantic however --info is my default.

> For this package, lintian found a few typos that maybe we can address in
> a subsequent upload, but I consider those pedantic indeed.

Regarding spelling issues it depends from the spare time slot that is
available.  If I have time I care and I agree it would be great to fix
this.  However, usually there are more urgent problems to solve most of
the time.