Re: [RFS] hyphy update 2.5.18

Hi Andreas,

Andreas Tille, on 2020-09-29 08:48:00 +0200:
> On Mon, Sep 28, 2020 at 10:21:04PM +0200, Étienne Mollier wrote:
> > namely fix_brace_mismatch.patch.
> > In an early version I think I misplaced the missing brace, but
> > it did not result in a build error.
>
> I think having a comment from upstream here would be the best idea.  Do
> you want to open an issue about this?  I remember upstream was very
> responsive when I had some contact several years ago.

I probably should have had a look at the homepage a bit earlier,
I saw this evening that there is a fix[1] that is semantically
identical to the one I wrapped up, which is quite reassuring.
The patch header is updated accordingly to reflect this is fixed
upstream and might make it to the next version.

[1] https://github.com/veg/hyphy/pull/1215

> > There are a few things that might be worth highlighting, but
> > that would probably be a repetition of the debian/changelog[2].
> >
> > [2] https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/hyphy/-/blob/master/debian/changelog
> >
> > I'm afraid I ended up being a bit short on free time to hunt for
> > the extra points with integration of SIMDe, and free a slot in
> > Michael's todo list[3],
>
> Hihi, same idea as I had above.  I think if there is no free slot we
> should simply upload as is - may be waiting until weekend for a comment
> from upstream.  I removed the tag for the moment since I made some minor
> polishing changes and to remember that the package is not uploaded yet.

Okay, I removed the tag on my side as well, before updating the
patch metadata, so we should be on par.  The existing patch on
upstream side seems also to validate the one on our side.

> > There are also a few misspelling minor issues
> > that might need a wee bit of care.
>
> Similar here.  May be pasting the lintian output into an upstream
> issue is the easiest way to deal with this.

Good idea, I opened an issue so upstream is aware of them[4].

[4] https://github.com/veg/hyphy/issues/1226

Kind Regards,
--
Étienne Mollier <etienne.mollier@mailoo.org>
Old rsa/3072: 5ab1 4edf 63bb ccff 8b54  2fa9 59da 56fe fff3 882d