Re: Git-lfs (Was: RFS: r-bioc-org.mm.eg.db)

Hi all,

On 26.09.20 07:43, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Hi Pierre,
>
> On Fri, Sep 25, 2020 at 11:30:19PM +0200, Pierre Gruet wrote:
>> I thought I would manage to care with git-lfs, but I did not, and faced
>> the same difficulties you met some years ago.
> The good news is for me is that I'm not the only one who has trouble
> with it. ;-)
>
>> So I used the gatk_old
>> repository with only the debian branch to push my new work on gatk -- to
>> be continued.
>>
>> Could you please remove the new (and empty) gatk repository and rename
>> gatk_old to gatk?
> Done.  Thanks a lot for working on this

What now? Let us collect some ideas.

a) we don't offer these genome annotation packages (and its rdeps) - in
Debian

b) we upload, but maintain the Debian directory in salsa, only

c) we upload, but don't team maintain

d) we upload, but have an alternative to salsa

e-h) ?

>From the above, my favorite is b).

Best,

Steffen