Re: Fails to build at my side but works somewhere else

Hi Olivier and Andreas,

Le 23/09/2020 à 09:27, Andreas Tille a écrit :
> On Wed, Sep 23, 2020 at 08:08:01AM +0200, olivier sallou wrote:
>>> Given that you also have detailed knowledge in Java do you feel able
>>> fix those 8 issues?  That would really help several other packages.
>>
>> I had a look but could not fix.
>> Pierre, for info, I do my testing inside a debian sid docker container.
Thanks for telling me!

>> Don't know if related to hdf5 related binding. Issue seems related to
>> deletion of files.
>> Some tests *pass* but seem not to delete created files (with
>> file.delete or file.deleteOnExit) as expected, leading to other tests
>> failure (where they test that library do not contain any file).
>>
>> I have no hdf5 knowledge. I do not know if deletion could be *delayed*
>> depending on machine/chroot/... and lead to test failure because file
>> is deleted *too late*...
>
> When reading this and considering that partly unreproducible results
> sometimes are happening due to parallelisation I'm wondering whether
> this could be an issue.  I admit I can not really see from that Java
> command line whether the call is parallelized or not - but may be you
> can try to explicitly switch parallel processing off.

Thanks for the idea!
Yet, gathering information about the test tool TestNG [0], I see that
parallel threads are currently not used for the tests of
libsis-jhdf5-java, as no "parallel" parameter is passed in debian/rules
nor in sourceTest/java/tests.xml.
By adding "-parallel tests -threadcount 4" to the TestNG call in
debian/rules, I allow parallel testing but get no failing test.

I will be going on investigating...

> Kind regards
>
>       Andreas.

All the best,