Fails to build at my side but works somewhere else

[Switching back to mailing list - Olivier explicitly in CC]

Hi,

Olivier, we are talking about package libsis-jhdf5-java which fails to
build in my pbuilder as well as ci.d.n but works for Pierre.  I remember
this also happened with htsjdk.

On Mon, Sep 21, 2020 at 11:31:21PM +0200, Pierre Gruet wrote:

> Thanks for providing me with this log file, it helps. I see 8 failing
> tests is also what happens in the buildd of ci.debian.net [0].

Its somehow releaving that I'm not the only one - but I admit I wished
that the error would not occure. :-(

> Yet I am quite puzzled, as everything goes well on my own computer (also
> with amd64), with either pbuilder or sbuild. I would like to reproduce
> the issues but I can't.
>
> Have you already met such problem before?

I observed that some package did not build for me but for others.  For
instance htsjdk did not build for me but Olivier Sallou was successful.
Unfortunately I realised right now he seemed to upload the binary package
instead of the source - so we can not see the log at build-infrastructure.
Olivier, could you please do a source-only upload to let the package
migrate to testing?

> I will go on trying to understand this tomorrow.

May be we should document this here on our list and seek external help
may be from reproducible builds team since they might have some
experience with issues like this.