Re: Fails to build at my side but works somewhere else

Hi Olivier and Andreas,

Le 22/09/2020 à 15:41, olivier sallou a écrit :
> On Tue, 2020-09-22 at 07:45 +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
>> [Switching back to mailing list - Olivier explicitly in CC]
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Olivier, we are talking about package libsis-jhdf5-java which fails
>> build in my pbuilder as well as ci.d.n but works for Pierre.  I
>> remember
>> this also happened with htsjdk.
>
> I did try a build on my side and get some 8 errors....

Thanks for attempting to build. The version of libsis-jhdf5-java you
tested is indeed one upon which the build results of (Andreas and
ci.debian.net) and me are not the same.

>> On Mon, Sep 21, 2020 at 11:31:21PM +0200, Pierre Gruet wrote:
>>> Thanks for providing me with this log file, it helps. I see 8
>>> failing
>>> tests is also what happens in the buildd of ci.debian.net [0].
>>
>> Its somehow releaving that I'm not the only one - but I admit I
>> wished
>> that the error would not occure. :-(
>>
>>> Yet I am quite puzzled, as everything goes well on my own computer
>>> (also
>>> with amd64), with either pbuilder or sbuild. I would like to
>>> reproduce
>>> the issues but I can't.
>>>
>>> Have you already met such problem before?
>>
>> I observed that some package did not build for me but for
>> others.  For
>> instance htsjdk did not build for me but Olivier Sallou was
>> successful.
>> Unfortunately I realised right now he seemed to upload the binary
>> package
>> instead of the source - so we can not see the log at build-
>> infrastructure.
>> Olivier, could you please do a source-only upload to let the package
>> migrate to testing?
>>
>>> I will go on trying to understand this tomorrow.
>>
>> May be we should document this here on our list and seek external
>> help
>> may be from reproducible builds team since they might have some
>> experience with issues like this.

Doing the build either inside or outside the chroot on my computer
results in all tests passing, I am not able to reproduce the failing
tests of ci.debian.net nor either of yours.

I will ask debian-ci to see if this is a documented issue, cc-ing
debian-med.

>> Kind regards
>>
>>       Andreas.
>>
>>> [0]