Re: Tophat was removed from Debian (Was: [Git][blends-team/med][master] Update bio - added tophat and tophat-recondition)

On 09.06.20 21:33, Andreas Tille wrote:
On Tue, Jun 09, 2020 at 05:58:10PM +0200, Steffen Möller wrote:
I'll change that to "suggests", then. Personally, I do not see why we
should remove it while it is still compiling. It is outdated - so what.
Nobody volunteered to port it to Python.  You could have raised your
voice in the discussion about tophat.

Some data out there is even older and was analysed with it. Having it in
contributes to the reproducibility of older work, kind of a precondition
to discuss old findings and then perform the reanalysis with modern tools.
I fully agree - but this discussion is long overdue, sorry.
I would even bring it back - but we need a Python3 port.

This would be fun - but I do other things first :o)

Steffen