Re: Tophat was removed from Debian (Was: [Git][blends-team/med][master] Update bio - added tophat and tophat-recondition)

On Tue, Jun 09, 2020 at 05:58:10PM +0200, Steffen Möller wrote:
> I'll change that to "suggests", then. Personally, I do not see why we
> should remove it while it is still compiling. It is outdated - so what.

Nobody volunteered to port it to Python.  You could have raised your
voice in the discussion about tophat.

> Some data out there is even older and was analysed with it. Having it in
> contributes to the reproducibility of older work, kind of a precondition
> to discuss old findings and then perform the reanalysis with modern tools.

I fully agree - but this discussion is long overdue, sorry.
I would even bring it back - but we need a Python3 port.