Re: Sponsored and hints for more targets (Was: RFS pynn: fixed failing autodep8 autopkgtest (#959061))

Hi Andreas,

Andreas Tille, on 2020-05-28 09:56:29 +0200:
> Please make sure you pull the new tag if you keep a local clone of that
> repository.

Ouch, I keep forgetting the --tags when pushing my work...  >_<
Actually, I forgot to push anything at all when I sent my email,
and might have run the command on a hurry, to be honest.

> On Wed, May 27, 2020 at 11:12:25PM +0200, Étienne Mollier wrote:
> > Fortunately, my prompt is rather noisy when error codes are
> > showing up[1], otherwise I would have missed it; the following
> > is present in my ~/.bashrc:
> >
> > 	trap 'printf "\e[31mExit code: %3d " "$?"' ERR
>
> Hmmm, I admit that's beyond my bash knowledge - but I simply added
> this and will see whether it might help. :-)

You can run `help trap` for getting the big idea; there is quite
some bashism in that single command.  You can append '\e[0m'
after the '%3d' three digit integer placeholder if your entire
terminal is shouting at you every time an error occurs, this
will reset to normal colors.  To be picky, I believe that there
is a portable way to put colors here, since escape codes are
terminal specific, but keep forgetting what is the "right way".
Type "false", to test how it behaves.

I think this trap becomes very interesting when it shows up and
prints error codes in situations you don't expect them.  To be
noted, commands such as "diff" and a few others return error
codes in their usual operation.

> Good catch for the bug anyway!  Also a great strategy to pick from
> the covid-19 bug list! :-)

You're welcome, I see to reduce the amount of "whoopsie"
situations, but my reminder file begins to be kind of hairy.
Thank you for your patience this far!  :)

Kind Regards,
--
Étienne Mollier <etienne.mollier@mailoo.org>
Fingerprint:  5ab1 4edf 63bb ccff 8b54  2fa9 59da 56fe fff3 882d