Re: RFS: prinseq-lite: added dependencies to fix autopkgtest failures

Hi Andreas, Hi Andrius,

merkys@debian.org, on 2020-05-19 12:02:15 +0300:
> On 2020-05-19 09:55, Andreas Tille wrote:
> > On Tue, May 19, 2020 at 06:45:41AM +0300, merkys@debian.org wrote:
> > > Embedded copies of netlib seem abundant in Debian [1]. I suggest looking
> > > into debian/copyright of these packages. It is curious, however, that
> > > netlib is not packaged as a stand-alone package, but embedded everywhere
> > > instead.
> > I think libblas-dev is your friend - may be discussing on Debian Science.
> This is interesting. It is worth checking whether Math::Cephes could be
> linked against BLAS. If so, embedded netlib sources could be excluded.

For what it's worth, looking at the C code embeded into the Perl
modules, this seems to be the result of a swig wrapping.  I'm a
bit unsure how the relinking is supposed to occur in that kind
of cases (maybe it's not too hard, I just haven't dived into
this sort of thing yet).  But yes, I understand that avoiding
convenience copies in the source code is definitely wanted by
the Debian Policy.

Kind Regards,
--
Étienne Mollier <etienne.mollier@mailoo.org>
Fingerprint:  5ab1 4edf 63bb ccff 8b54  2fa9 59da 56fe fff3 882d