Re: RFS: prinseq-lite: added dependencies to fix autopkgtest failures

Hi Étienne,

On Sat, May 16, 2020 at 09:53:08AM +0200, Étienne Mollier wrote:
> I had a look at the QA page of prinseq-lite and saw a failure in
> the autopkgtest[1].  The prinseq-graphs command is missing two
> dependencies, and thus choke on the following test:
>
> 	prinseq-graphs --version

Thanks again for the valuable input!

> [1] https://ci.debian.net/data/autopkgtest/testing/amd64/p/prinseq-lite/5496117/log.gz
>
> I brought the adequate fix on Salsa, and readied the version
> 0.20.4-4 for upload in sid.

... just building for upload.

> Bringing tests is definitely a good thing for verifying the
> packaging, even the simpler tests are most welcome!  :)

I fully agree.  BTW, in the debian/TODO you wrote about the missing
Statistics::PCA.  As far as my experience with Perl modules packaging
reaches its relatively easy to create Perl packages.  Do you want to
take the challenge to enable us providing fully featured prinseq-graphs?

You might like to ask for help in Debian Perl team which is extremely
supportive.

BTW, next time please make sure that the changelog date is later
than the previous changelog - lintian throws errors about it.  I
usually create the last changelog entry by doing

   dch -r

(if not using routine-update -f which is doing the very same).

Thanks again