Re: RFS: prinseq-lite: added dependencies to fix autopkgtest failures

Hi Andrius,

Andrius Merkys, on 2020-05-16 14:41:53 +0300:
> There's dh-make-perl tool from similarly named Debian package. In your case
> the following should be a good starting point:
>
> dh-make-perl --cpan Statistics::PCA

Thank you, that does quite a job to put a decent git repository
together!

I had a look at the dependencies necessary to get the module to
operate properly on Debian, and I noted the following tree:

	libstatistics-pca-perl (To do)
	|-> libtest-simple-perl
	|-> libtext-simpletable-perl
	|-> libcontextual-return-perl
	|-> Math::Cephes (Missing libmath-cephes-perl)
	`-> Math::MatrixReal (Missing libmath-matrixreal-perl)
	    `-> libtest-most-perl

With the Statistics::PCA and its missing dependencies, there
would be a total of three packages to create.  The module
Math::MatrixReal[1] looks easy enough; the result from
dh-make-perl builds successfully out of git-buildpackage.  There
will a few fields to fill here and there I guess, to get the
package to be clean toward Debian policy.

I'm a bit more concerned on Math::Cephes[2] side, but not from a
technical point of view though; it is seamless on the side of
git-buildpackage as well.  From a copyright standpoint, the
module embeds C code provided on netlib[3] but originating from
a book and a commercial product, accompanied with a "readme"
notice[4] indicating that said code "may be used freely",
fortunately.  But maybe an extra-careful examination of the
source code for extra copyright statements will be needed here.
Hopefully, should DFSG changes be required, they won't impede on
the proper operation of the package.

[1] https://metacpan.org/pod/Math::MatrixReal
[2] https://metacpan.org/pod/Math::Cephes
[3] http://www.netlib.org/cephes/
[4] http://www.netlib.org/cephes/readme

Not sure where is the best location to put the various packaging
repositories at the moment.  I suppose Debian Perl Team
namespace would be such a place; I'll probably contact them
tomorrow.

Kind Regards,
--
Étienne Mollier <etienne.mollier@mailoo.org>
Fingerprint:  5ab1 4edf 63bb ccff 8b54  2fa9 59da 56fe fff3 882d