pyxb removal and rev dependency on pbcore - anybody caring?

Hello,

pyxb transforms python objects into xml
https://github.com/pabigot/pyxb

and was removed from the archive
https://tracker.debian.org/news/1099255/removed-126dfsg-3-from-unstable/

since no longer maintained upstream
https://github.com/pabigot/pyxb/issues/100

We have python-pbcore as a reverse dependency, which was already
mentioned in the bug report accompanying the removal

I just stumbled across it while attempting to update pbcore to a new
version, which now obviously FTBFS but only for testing. I don't
understand enough of that package to assess about how important pyxb
truly is for that package, but at a first glance it is only some
validation issue - just why is then the test folder copied into the
package? I created
https://github.com/PacificBiosciences/pbcore/issues/122 asking for a
clarification from upstream.

Steffen