Re: VirusSeeker: RepeatMasker missed in dependencies (Was: VirusSeeker - sorting the Downloads section)

On Fri, May 08, 2020 at 09:19:59AM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> > their license.  Would you mind doing so?  If yes, I would consider
> > mentioning our COVID-19 sprint and that a free license would support
> > us in our fight against the pandemic.
>
> Hi all,
>
> +1 in principle, but I note that RepeatMasker has TRF (Tandem Repeat
> Finder) in its dependencies, which is also non-free...
>
> http://tandem.bu.edu/trf/trf.license.html

So please take up the TRF ball again.  At least one of the authors

    https://lists.debian.org/debian-med/2016/06/msg00093.html

I kept on pinging (feel free to browse the archive) and we should really
do more work here.  I repeatedly said now is the time for this and that
non-programmers could do some extremely valuable contribution to join
this effort.