Re: VirusSeeker: RepeatMasker missed in dependencies (Was: VirusSeeker - sorting the Downloads section)

Le Thu, May 07, 2020 at 11:39:18PM +0200, Andreas Tille a écrit :

> Hmmm, I do not remember but non-free is ugly for several technical
> reasons (no autobuilders, no autopkgtests, no QA checks etc.)  Thus
> the first thing I do is contacting upstream to consider changing
> their license.  Would you mind doing so?  If yes, I would consider
> mentioning our COVID-19 sprint and that a free license would support
> us in our fight against the pandemic.

Hi all,

+1 in principle, but I note that RepeatMasker has TRF (Tandem Repeat
Finder) in its dependencies, which is also non-free...

http://tandem.bu.edu/trf/trf.license.html

Have a nice day,

Charles

--