Re: [covid-19] Reviving tensorflow packaging effort (Was: Missing dependancies for streamlit)

On Mon, Apr 27, 2020 at 02:05:58AM +0000, Mo Zhou wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 25, 2020 at 01:42:28PM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> > > Is there any COVID-19 package using pytorch blocked due to its absense?
> >
> > I admit I can not say without doing detailed research on the set of
> > relevant packages[3]
>
> I quickly went through all these projects and none of them seems to
> depend on pytorch. So I think I'd better treat these packages as normal
> ones instead of occupying the resources.

OK, may be not our list - but this list is known to be incomplete.  I
quickly found at least one link that is connecting pytorch with
COVID-19:

    https://github.com/IliasPap/COVIDNet

In case it might convince you that pytorch is by no means off topic
I would add this project.

> > > https://salsa.debian.org/deeplearning-team
> >
> > Cool.  I've added this to the Blends machine-readable gatherer since
> > several interesting Blends packages are there.  It would be great if
> > you could add these to the according Debian Science and Debian Med
> > tasks.
>
> I've granted Debian Science Team and Debian Med Team with "Maintainer"
> access to Debian Deep Learning Team.

Sounds very sensible.

> I reused the mail address of debian science team as the maintainer
> mail address of deep learning team. So people won't have to subscribe
> to a @tracker mail address.

Thank you for this.

> > BTW, what might be interesting for you: Olek is very actively working
> > on bazel:
> >
> >    https://salsa.debian.org/olek/bazel
>
> That's great.

Definitely.