Re: Debian Med Covid special?

On 25.03.20 10:51, Andreas Tille wrote:
On Tue, Mar 24, 2020 at 11:20:45PM +0100, Steffen Möller wrote:
I must admit not to have heard about the free software directory. Debian
Med already references bio.toos, OMICTools, SciCrunch and conda in the
file debian/upstream/metadata. If we can somehow magically get entries
also for the fsd  into these files, then I don't see why the task page
should not also link to it.
I'm not against just another registry.  However, I fail to see the
COVID-19 relevance for maintaining registries of packages (specifically
since I doubt that fsd has any helpful onthology behind it) and would
love to delay this piece of work for after the crisis.
I agree that this does not seem to have much of an input to what we should
be concentrating on. Conversely, I appreciate every additional eyeball on
our packages and have some confidence that Ben will have his personal
eye opener on where can help more effectively.

Your pointer to the UDD was already very helpful. Combine that with Ben
editing lots of d/u/metadata files and we are almost there.

Best,

Steffen