Re: Debian Med Covid special?

Hi Tris,

On Wed, Mar 25, 2020 at 12:02:17PM +0100, Ben Tris wrote:
> Thanks, Andreas,
>
> This is the title now: COronaVIrus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Special: Free
> Software Directory
>
> https://qa.debian.org/developer.php?email=debian-med-packaging%40lists.alioth.debian.org

I'd like to repeat that I consider it more sensible not to check what
we package (which might be basic predependencies) but what we consider
helpful for certain tasks:

   https://blends.debian.org/med/tasks/

This gives you a preselection including detailed descriptions.  Have you
ever checked these out?  Your link is really not that helpful.

> That is my base, only non-free I will not use.

The tasks are listing non-free in a separate section.  Just ignore this.

> The packages now listed seem to be updated from source this year. (Have
> 74 more to list)

Sure.  We are working a bit. ;-)

> Now Im going to insert an extra column with COVID-19  YES/NO (something
> like that)
>
> Then Im going to insert 74 more packages.
>
> Eventually I want to expand it and list every package from that page.
>
> Everything I do is not automated, it takes some time.

The task pages are **fully** automated just based on a more or less
simple list.  You simply add "Recommends" here:

  https://salsa.debian.org/blends-team/med/-/blob/master/tasks/covid-19

everything else is rendered right after pushing.

> Im not a coder etc and not involved with Debian internals.

Help from everybody is perfectly welcome.  But I'd recommend to
save your time from maintaining manual html pages.  We invented
the automated tasks pages since this is no fruitful work.

> I am not related to work in health care.

Would you mind explaining your background?

> Thank you for reviewing, It takes more time for me to invest this
> correspondings.
>
> For the next couple of days I will only inform If Im sure a package is
> COVID-19 related.

Simply tell me what binary packag is missing here

  https://salsa.debian.org/blends-team/med/-/blob/master/tasks/covid-19

which is rendered here

  https://blends.debian.org/med/tasks/covid-19

Thanks a lot for your input