Questions about package test: python-tinyalign and python-pyani

Hi Team,

I'm now trying to add test for "python-tinyalign" and "python-pyani"
as for GSoC application tasks. I picked those because those were
listed at [1].

[1] https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/community/helper-scripts/-/blob/master/debian-med-tests.txt

I noticed the new version of "python-tinyalign" was uploaded [2] with
Testsuite entry. I think it may push to salsa soon.

[2] https://tracker.debian.org/news/1108095/accepted-python-tinyalign-02-3-source-into-unstable/

And I got some question from my working packages ("python-tinyalign"
and "python-pyani").

"python-tinyalign" already have upstream test code in
"tests/test_core.py" which based on pytest and will work by adding
"Build-Depends: python3-pytest"; as I fixed at [3].

[3] https://salsa.debian.org/sikuan-guest/python-tinyalign/-/commit/515762238e0a2175e52a8243cf0d9da04ea8e915

"python-pyani" also have an upstream test codes in "tests/" which
based on nose, and although without "Testsuite", the test works well.

At these points, I have the below questions:
1. What is Testsuite in d/control for? I tried with "gbp
buildpackage", even though Testsuite does not exists, dh_auto_test did
work. Do I have any misconception?
2. If in case of "python-pyani", even though it does not have
Testsuite in d/control, there is "python3-nose" in Build-Depends, so
test seems works well. But it was listed at [3]. I do not know why
this package is listed at [3]. Could you please give me some guides?

Thank you!

Sao I Kuan
saoikuan@gmail.com