Re: RFS: ruby-bio

Hi Samyak,

On Tue, Mar 03, 2020 at 09:26:56PM +0530, Samyak Jain wrote:
> I have updated the ruby-bio package to the latest upstream release and the
> relevant changes have been pushed to the team.
>
> The changes made can be found at https://salsa.debian.org/ruby-team/ruby-bio
> .

Cool thanks a lot!

When building I get lintian info:

I: ruby-bio: manpage-without-executable usr/share/man/man1/br_biofetch.1.gz
N:
N:    Each manpage in /usr/share/man should have a reason to be there. This
N:    manpage does not appear to have a valid reason to be shipped.
N:
N:    For manpages in sections 1 and 8, an executable (or a link to one)
N:    should exist. This check currently considers all installation packages
N:    created by the same sources, as long as they are present.
N:
N:    Refer to Debian Policy Manual section 12.1 (Manual pages) and
N:    https://bugs.debian.org/583125 for details.
N:
N:    Severity: minor, Certainty: possible
N:
N:    Check: documentation/man, Type: binary
N:
I: ruby-bio: manpage-without-executable usr/share/man/man1/br_bioflat.1.gz
I: ruby-bio: manpage-without-executable usr/share/man/man1/br_biogetseq.1.gz
I: ruby-bio: manpage-without-executable ... use --no-tag-display-limit to see all (or pipe to a file/program)

Seem the according executables are not delivered any more so it seems
we can drop the manpages, right?

I have droped an unused paragraph from copyright.

> The package builds fine, and the autopkgtest passes for the same.

:-)

> The d/changelog entry includes an unstable entry for the same.
>
> Can someone please review and upload the same?

I'll upload as soon as you confirm the manpages are unused (or the
according executables can be built somehow).

Thank you for your work on this