Re: RFS: ruby-bio

Hey Andreas,

> Hi Samyak,
>
> On Tue, Mar 03, 2020 at 09:26:56PM +0530, Samyak Jain wrote:
> > I have updated the ruby-bio package to the latest upstream release and the
> > relevant changes have been pushed to the team.
> >
> > The changes made can be found at https://salsa.debian.org/ruby-team/ruby-bio
> > .
>
> Cool thanks a lot!
>
> When building I get lintian info:
>
> I: ruby-bio: manpage-without-executable usr/share/man/man1/br_biofetch.1.gz
> N:
> N:    Each manpage in /usr/share/man should have a reason to be there. This
> N:    manpage does not appear to have a valid reason to be shipped.
> N:
> N:    For manpages in sections 1 and 8, an executable (or a link to one)
> N:    should exist. This check currently considers all installation packages
> N:    created by the same sources, as long as they are present.
> N:
> N:    Refer to Debian Policy Manual section 12.1 (Manual pages) and
> N:    https://bugs.debian.org/583125 for details.
> N:
> N:    Severity: minor, Certainty: possible
> N:
> N:    Check: documentation/man, Type: binary
> N:
> I: ruby-bio: manpage-without-executable usr/share/man/man1/br_bioflat.1.gz
> I: ruby-bio: manpage-without-executable usr/share/man/man1/br_biogetseq.1.gz
> I: ruby-bio: manpage-without-executable ... use --no-tag-display-limit to see all (or pipe to a file/program)
>
> Seem the according executables are not delivered any more so it seems
> we can drop the manpages, right?
>
> I have dropped an unused paragraph from copyright.

Yes, IMHO the executables are not delivered anymore we can drop them.
(I have created a PR request for the same, kindly review it.)
Link to the PR: https://salsa.debian.org/ruby-team/ruby-bio/-/merge_requests/3

> > The package builds fine and the autopkgtest passes for the same.
>
> :-)
>
> > The d/changelog entry includes an unstable entry for the same.
> >
> > Can someone please review and upload the same?
>
> I'll upload as soon as you confirm the manpages are unused (or the
> according executables can be built somehow).

Yes, a/c to me manpages are unused, please review the PR. Thank you very much!

> Thank you for your work on this
>
>       Andreas.
>
> --
> http://fam-tille.de

Looking forward to enabling the autopkgtest, going through the threads provided.

Thanks and regard,
Samyak Jain